This Article was written by Natalie James, Year 8
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day... thats what they all say. But how much of you actually eat breakfast every morning- especially before school?
If you don't: you no longer have an excuse. With these quick and easy recipes, you will have a delicious and nutritious breakfast to look forward to every day.
Duration - 5 minutes
This smoothie is super energizing and you get the freedom to add almost any fruit of your choice in it.
- If you have time, freeze your fruit beforehand or use fruit that is already frozen.
-You need a base for your smoothie. Choose some of the following ingredients:
Milk, Yogurt, Water, Almond Milk, Oat Milk, Juice.
-Make sure that you know what you are going to add into your smoothie. It can be super simple (1-3 fruits) or more complicated (3-5 fruits.)
You could add:
-You can add a lot of things to your smoothie but do NOT add these (defeats the point of a healthy, energising breakfast) :
Finally, here is the recipe for the PERFECT smoothie:
-1 Cup Smoothie Base (yogurt, milk etc.)
-1 Cup Of Fruit
-1 Tsp Honey
1) Start with around 1 cup of frozen fruit and add it into the blender.
2) Add one cup of your smoothie base; it can be a mix of two things (eg. ¾ cup milk and ¼ yogurt.
3) Next, add around 1 tsp of honey depending on how sweet you want it.
4) Finally, add ice into the blender, blend and serve your smoothie.
Duration - 5 minutes :
This granola bowl is filling yet super simple and easy to make.
1 Cup Yogurt
Fruit/ berries (of choice)
1) First, add yogurt into a bowl of your choice
2) Next add granola of your choice into a bowl and combine it with the yogurt
3) Top your bowl with fruit, syrup/honey and serve!
Prep- 5 minutes, Cook- 10 minutes; Total- 15 minutes
These pancakes don't require much thought early in the morning and they taste great!
1 Cup of Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Beaten Egg
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1) In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2) In another bowl combine milk, egg and oil.
3) Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together until smooth.
4) Add oil or butter onto a pan and fry the pancakes.
Tips: Once the pancake starts to bubble and the edge becomes golden brown the pancake is ready to flip.
5) Serve your pancakes with your choice of toppings : maple syrup, nutella or fruits!
You have the freedom to make the pancakes more thick or more thin : crepes, or pancakes.